While we're in between spaces, we're booking up 2012 with art fairs, pop up exhibitions and projects. Our gallery artists are also scheduled to participate in group shows at galleries and museums in the US and abroad. Visit the news page of our web site or check back here for updates, and go to our info page to join our email mailing list. In the meanwhile, here is a taste of what we have confirmed so far:
- "6 Painters," a group show including works by Eric Finzi at Civlian Art Projects in Washington DC opens January 20 and runs through February 25.
- Don't miss the amazing solo exhibition, "The Clockmaker's Apprentice," by Nathan Skiles at the Hunterdon Museum of Art. The show runs January 22 through March 25 with a reception on February 5.
- SFA Projects is partnering with curator Mollie White on a series of exhibitions at La Esquina cafe. The first, featuring works by Jessie Henson, opens January 23. February 2012:"Love is in the Air," a group exhibition curated by Island Weiss and Michelle Doll, including work by Nicole Etienne, opens February 10 at the cell in New York City.
- Mia Brownell is finishing up a major commission to create two large paintings for the University of Connecticut's Cell and Genome Sciences Building, a space designed specifically to encourage collaboration among the more than 100 scientists housed there who are engaged in high-tech research across a diverse array of disciplines, from cell biology,chemistry, and genetics to physics, mathematics, and computer science.
- Curator Elizabeth Peterson has selected Mia Brownell's work for inclusion in "Unnatural Variations" at Akus Gallery in Willimantic, CT March 15 through April 26.
- Elizabeth McGrath and Marion Peck will both be included in the "Juxtapoz Turns 18" exhibition at Copro Nason in Santa Monica, CA, opening March 24.
- Elizabeth McGrath has been selected to participate in a group exhibition at Warrington Museum and Art Gallery in Warrington, UK, opening March 29.
- "Wild at Heart," an exhibition with Born Free USA at Thinkspace in Culver City, CA opens May 26 and includes works by Mia Brownell and Brad Woodfin.
- Mia Brownell, Elizabeth McGrath and Brad Woodfin will be included in "Zooey" at Lesley Heller Workspace in New York City, opening July 18.
- Alix Sloan will curate a group exhibition and fundraiser, with works by over fifty artists, in New York City. More details coming soon.